17/04/2009

What a lovely surprise!



My neighbours just came and brought me a lovely bunch of lilac. They know only too well how much I love theirs, as it has a beautiful darker lilac colour, mine are pale lilac and white. Not that I don't like my lilac trees, but I honestly never think to cut their branches and bring a bouquet in the house. My neighbour insists I have to cut some branches, so others will come through and thicken the whole bush/tree. Now, we learn something new every day. Mental note: must start chopping at mine. Meanwhile here goes my photos, absolute beauty! A very big thanks to my neighbours, and I hope all my visitors will imagine the lovely lilac perfume in their living room, too!


Have a very nice weekend,

5 commentaires:

Shari a dit…

oh Lori, I am coming to your house!!!! I love the smell of lilacs & ours are FAR from ready to bloom. We are just now starting to get a little bit of spring temps!!! Enjoy the beauty & have a sniff for me!!!

Cindy F. a dit…

So beautiful and what nice neighbors!!

Daniela a dit…

Oh, Doamne...!a inflorit deja liliacul acolo??? nici nu mai stiu ce miros are...

san a dit…

Oh, I love that darker shade of purple too on lilacs! My granny has them on her yard and I think they even smell more intensely than the pale ones.

Lilacs will start blooming here in june...

Lori's page a dit…

Ladies, you are all invited at mine to enjoy the lilac in the garden. Wish you could really come! L xxx